Sustainability at Sembcorp Marine
Sustainability is a strategic priority for Sembcorp Marine. The continued success of the Group depends very much on how we balance our business objectives, meet the needs of our people and the communities as well as protect the environment.
Recognising that our business activities have an impact on the societies we operate in, we aim to be a responsible corporate citizen through:
- Providing a rigorous system of policies, practices and internal controls upheld by our Board, management and employees (Corporate Governance)
- Delivering value-added and quality solutions that meet our customers' needs (Innovation and Productivity)
- Fostering a supportive and motivating company culture for our people (People Focus)
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace as well as proactively managing health and safety risks (Workplace Safety & Security)
- Protecting and conserving the environment (Environmental Care & Protection)
- Making a positive difference to the communities we operate in (Community Outreach)
In line with our commitment towards sustainability, the Group publishes an annual Sustainability Report that details our economic, social and environmental activities and performance. The sustainability report, included in the annual report, is prepared in accordance to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines.
Sembcorp Marine’s vision and eight core values form the guiding principles in the way the Group manages sustainability and interacts with stakeholders. Strategic business units and corporate functions have robust policies and systems in place to manage the wide range of sustainability issues in our business activities.
Understanding the views of our stakeholders is important to Sembcorp Marine so that we can meet their expectations. Our main goal is to provide a balanced view of our position and performance on issues material to these stakeholders.
For more information on our approach to sustainability and our stakeholder engagement, please click here.
Click here for the GRI Standard Disclosures and Indicators Index 2011